6.05.2008

Your Kitchen Surfaces

This depends on the food in your kitchen. I personally have a roommate who eats gluten, so her food will accidentally spill or fall onto kitchen counters, countertops, and the stovetop. I try to wipe down the surfaces of our kitchen before I ever begin cooking, just to reduce the risk of cross-contamination. We have our own separate shelves in our pantry to reduce the risk of her food coming into contact with mine. If a piece of my food ever lands on any of the surfaces in the kitchen (yes, even the floor), then I will throw it away. Which reminds me to make a comment about the floor: if you have a gluten-loving person also using the kitchen, make sure to clean the floor. Also, it’s a good idea to not walk on it in bare feet so you don’t loose crumbs on them. Just a thought.

Now, if you don’t have this problem, then you don’t have to worry about surfaces so much. Just thoroughly clean your surfaces regularly and that should avoid most problems. Make sure to use household cleaners that don’t contain gluten. I would contact the manufacturer of your cleaners and ask if your cleaning product contains gluten

No comments: